Netgate MBT-4220, Quad Core, The MinnowBoard Turbot Dual Ethernet system is a state of the art compact and affordable open source hardware platform that puts the power of a 64-bit Intel Atom into your hands. The system is perfect for DIY makers and developers who wish to explore a variety of uses including network appliances, firewalls, IoT and other embedded applications and products. It is compatible with a variety of open source operating systems including pfSense, OpenBSD, etc. OS support is available on MinnowBoard.org for Windows, Linux, Android, Wind River Linux and Yocto Project.
This system features a Quad Core Intel® Atom™ E3845 1.91 GHz CPU. The system includes 2GB RAM, a 32 GB M.2 SSD, SIM socket, USB & HDMI ports, as well as high speed and low speed MinnowBoard connectors for expansion using any MinnowBoard Lure.
Easy to use
- Pre-loaded with pfSense software, ready to use right out of the box.
- Small form-factor, so it fits about anywhere.
- Easy GUI management. Manage pfSense settings through our web-based GUI.
Low total cost of ownership
- No artificial limits or add-ons required to make your system fully functional.
- No additional usage or feature based pricing. No preset limits on users, firewall rules, or IPsec tunnels.
- Low power requirements to save money and be more eco-friendly.
Grows with you
- Flexible configuration and support for VPN, load balancing, reporting and monitoring.
- Simple package management system to add powerful functions and features.
Secure remote access
- Connect via encrypted Virtual Private Networks (VPN) between offices, let mobile workers connect securely, or connect to the Cloud!
- Use the built-in Amazon VPC Wizard to easily establish VPN connections with Amazon EC2 cloud instances.
Common use cases
- Managed Service Providers (MSP) / Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP)
- On-Premises Appliance for SMB
- SOHO, Small Networks, Small Branch Office, Remote Employees
- Many VPN Connections, Outsourcing / Home Office Remote User VPN
- IoT Security Endpoint
- Commercial Applications
- Network Tap
- IPMI Port Firewall
- VPN Endpoint
pfSense software is a leading open source firewall and router distribution based on FreeBSD that is functionally competitive with expensive, proprietary commercial firewalls. pfSense software-based appliances can be configured as a stateful packet filtering firewall, a LAN or WAN router, VPN Appliance, DHCP Server, DNS Server, or can be configured for other applications and special purpose appliances. This next generation pfSense security appliance features include:
- Stateful packet filtering firewall or pure router
- Routing policy per gateway and per-rule for failover and load balancing
- Transparent layer 2 firewall
- Support for IPV6, NAT, BGP
- Captive portal with MAC filtering, RADIUS support, etc
- VPN: IPsec, OpenVPN, L2TP
- Dynamic DNS client
- Reporting and monitoring features with real time information
||Intel® Atom™ E3845 (4 x 1.91 GHz, 1MB cache, AES-NI)
||2GB DDR3L 1067MT/s, Memory down (non expandable)
|| 2x 1Gb Ethernet RJ45, based on Intel i211
32GB M.2 SSD included (no OS)
||1x USB 2.0 host (Type-A)
||1x USB 3.0 host (Type-A)
||8x buffered GPIO
|MinnowBoard Max compatible Lure Interface
|| Low-speed MinnowBoard Lure expansion connector
||High-speed MinnowBoard Lure expansion header
||HDMI, serial via FTDI header
||TianoCore UEFI / CoreBoot / SeaBIOS
||BR1225 or CR1225 RTC backup battery (included)
||Fanless / Passive cooling
Ambient operating temperature: 0-40 C
Storage -20 to 85 C
|| FCC Part 15 Class A, CE Class A, IEC-60950, RoHS/WEEE
|| 5VDC, 5A via coaxial power jack (threaded locking connector)
Pre-Assembled System Includes:
USB key with pfSense CE 2.4.4
- MinnowBoard Turbot Dual Ethernet Dual Core Board
- Anodized aluminum enclosure
- 32 GB M.2 SSD (no OS installed)
- Power Supply
- US style 3 prong power cord. Easily changed to non-US style by purchasing a IEC320-Cxx (3 PIN) compatible power cord (visual example).
- Optional wall mount and DIN rail mount available.