The Netgate® SG-1000 micro-Firewall is a cost-effective, state-of-the-art, pfSense® Security Gateway appliance.
The Netgate® SG-1000 comes with dual 1Gbps Ethernet ports, enabling maximum throughput exceeding 100Mbps. The ARM Cortex®-A8 in the TI AM3552 SoC and DDR3L RAM facilitate low-power consumption while maintaining performance. The Netgate SG-1000 comes in a lightweight anodized aluminum case. It’s credit-card sized footprint allows it to be easily tucked away, but you’ll be proud to show it off.
The Netgate SG-1000 microFirewall is inexpensive and purpose-built to run pfSense software. It can be deployed in many environments: Multi-dwelling units (MDU) such as apartments and dorm rooms, commercial-control applications (SCADA), and the more traditional small office / home office environments. It is also an ideal security gateway for the Internet of Things (IoT) applications such as remote monitoring applications for smart home/smart cities, commercial automation, energy management, agricultural, and health care.
Easy to use
- Pre-loaded with pfSense software, ready to use right out of the box.
- Small form-factor, so it fits about anywhere.
- Easy GUI management. Manage pfSense settings through our web-based GUI.
Low total cost of ownership
- No artificial limits or add-ons required to make your system fully functional.
- No additional usage or feature based pricing. No preset limits on users, firewall rules, or IPsec tunnels.
- Low power requirements to save money and be more eco-friendly.
Grows with you
- Flexible configuration and support for VPN, load balancing, reporting and monitoring.
- Simple package management system to add powerful functions and features.
Secure remote access
- Connect via encrypted Virtual Private Networks (VPN) between offices, let mobile workers connect securely, or connect to the Cloud!
- Use the built-in Amazon VPC Wizard to easily establish VPN connections with Amazon EC2 cloud instances.
Common use cases
- Managed Service Providers (MSP) / Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP)
- On-Premises Appliance for SMB
- SOHO, Small Networks, Small Branch Office, Remote Employees
- Many VPN Connections, Outsourcing / Home Office Remote User VPN
- IoT Security Endpoint
- Commercial Applications
- Network Tap
- IPMI Port Firewall
- VPN Endpoint
pfSense software is a leading open source firewall and router distribution based on FreeBSD that is functionally competitive with expensive, proprietary commercial firewalls. pfSense software-based appliances can be configured as a stateful packet filtering firewall, a LAN or WAN router, VPN Appliance, DHCP Server, DNS Server, or can be configured for other applications and special purpose appliances. This next generation pfSense security appliance features include:
- Stateful packet filtering firewall or pure router
- Routing policy per gateway and per-rule for failover and load balancing
- Transparent layer 2 firewall
- Support for IPV6, NAT, BGP
- Captive portal with MAC filtering, RADIUS support, etc
- VPN: IPsec, OpenVPN, L2TP
- Dynamic DNS client
- Reporting and monitoring features with real time information
||TI AM3352 ARM Cortex-A8 600 MHz, including crypto accelerator
||512MB DDR3 Non ECC
||4GB eMMC Flash on board
||2x 1GbE on RJ45 (switched)
||1x 2.0 OTG
|Max Active Connections
||5 VDC power input connector
||Desktop case, vented anodized aluminum available in red or black
||1" x 2" x 3"
||0°C (32°F) to 50°C (122°F)
||CE, FCC, RoHS
||Professional, Enterprise, and Enterprise Plus